Outdoor Power Equipment and Engine Service Association
OPEESA is the Outdoor Power Equipment and Engine Service Association. Our membership includes more than 100 distributors and manufacturers of outdoor power equipment and air-cooled gas and diesel engines.
We offer a range of services and programs as well as opportunities to share ideas with fellow distributors. In addition, we foster cooperation and proven leadership among manufacturers, distributors, and dealers in the outdoor power equipment industry.
- Improve the productivity, profitability and performance of your business. Seminars, conferences, and other OPEESA-sponsored educational opportunities help you better manage your business and develop strategies to meet distributor challenges. OPEESA University was created to help meet these needs.
- Advance the profession—Channel Leadership. OPEESA is committed to promoting the “value-added services” provided by distributors to manufacturers, dealers, and end-users. OPEESA will continue to play a major role in the creation of efficient, secure, and profitable marketing channels, thus making outdoor power equipment highly attractive to the ultimate consumer.
- Benchmarking Surveys. OPEESA members may participate in profit performance, quarterly trends survey, bad debt and compensation surveys. These surveys allows you to confidentially determine how your company “stacks up” versus others in your industry. They also provide suggestions for improvement.
- Exclusive “members-only” services and partner programs, including “member’s only” areas on the website. OPEESA partners with key vendors to provide our members with discounts and special access to unique programs and products. The “members only” area features a member directory, special news from NAW, presentations and other guidance from industry professionals.
- Government lobbying. OPEESA is a member of the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW). This Washington-based association is a powerful voice representing our interests.
- Networking opportunities. The Annual Membership Meeting provides numerous opportunities to learn from your fellow distributor, manufacturer, and OPE service members through a structured format and social network.
- Resources to keep you informed about trends in the marketplace and industry news. We offer three eNewsletters, each with a different purpose and prospective. Members have the ability to manage these subscriptions through our engine association.
- Bi-Monthly In-the-Know – contains the latest news and developments in the OPE industry.
- Monthly OPEESA eNewsletter – highlights our activities, upcoming events, educational opportunities and the efforts of the NAW.
- Regular SBLC eNewsletter – from the Small Business Legislative Council – provides updates on the activities in Washington DC, information that is vital to running a business today.